Beccehamian RFC are delighted to report that at a Bromley Planning Sub-Committee meeting on the 5th December that their application for an extension to the club house was approved.
There are a few conditions associated with the approval, but all of these were expected and are reasonable for the type of extension being undertaken.
So congratulations to all those involved in gaining the approval and now for the next challenge which will be driven by the 2 sub-committees:
– Building Controls Committee – for the detailed design and build activities
– FundRaising Committee – to raise the funds required for proposed changes to the clubhouse.
This will be the most challenging project that the club has undertaken since their members built the club house in the early 1970’s and they will need the support of all club members to assist in the project.
The task and challenge they face should not be underestimated and it will also take a lot of hard work and time to complete. Due to the amount of change and disruption, and so as to not impact on their current playing activities, the majority of the build activities will need to be done out of season. So to manage expectations, undertaking the new build during the summer of 2020 will be too soon and the Beccs Exec Committee has therefore targeted the start of September 2021 a realistic completion date.
This is a really exciting opportunity and time for the club and will be a big step forwards in providing fantastic facilities for our current and future membership.
Summary of extension and changes to the club house:
1. Install two new non-gender specific RFU compliant sized changing rooms with private showers and toilet facilities.
2. A lift for disabled access to the 1st floor.
3. A disabled toilet.
4. Physiotherapy and injury assessment / recovery room.
5. Improved Ladies toilet facilities.
6. New entrance and entrance hall area.
7. Relocate the Officials Changing rooms.
8. Restructure the stairs to the 1st floor.
9. Relocate the cellar / brewery delivery room.
10. Extend and refurbish the Members bar.
11. A length of the clubhouse pitch facing the side balcony with access from the Members bar and Hall.
12. A 1st floor terrace area with access for the Members bar
13. Additional staircase for access to/from pitches to terrace area.
14. A rugby equipment store room replacing the storage containers
Read more news stories from grassroots clubs in our latest issue of the Rugby Blindside Newsletter.